Hi! Ever since that whole Obama care thing came into the picture, I have been trying to focus more on my health. Speaking of health, I’ve been asked a lot recently what I do to stay fit on the road. I will share with you what I personally eat and the exercise I do.
- I do not go out to eat often or eat fast food. I try to shop at local markets. If the grocery store is cheaper I go there.
- I eat an abundance of raw broccoli, celery, carrots, and green peppers as snacks all day.
- I enjoy raw almonds.
- I rarely eat chips, cheese, bread, sugar, butter, ect.
- I try to buy Organic when the prices are comparable.
- I always carry healthy snacks so that when I get hungry I don’t spend money on overpriced food that is not healthy.
- I drink a TON of water throughout the day. I have a water bottle and I carry a Steripen to sterilize water, so I do not have to constantly buy water.
- I have been taking plant based vitamins every day. A woman’s multi-vitamin, high dose Biotin, vitamin C, fish oil, magnesium, and iron pills.
- Occasionally I do make chocolate chip cookies, eat dark chocolate or have ice cream.
- If I do “mess up”, I don’t beat myself up I just roll with it and keep eating healthy.
Breakfast: I have granola, oatmeal, Special K cereal or a veggie omelet.
Lunch/Dinner: I make salads with chicken, vegetable stirfrys with chicken or I fry/bake tilapia with veggies on the side.
Seasoning: I often use garlic herb seasoning with no salt and I LOVE pesto!
- Pilates is my favorite form of exercise and works really well for me. The exercises are very targeted, incorporate yoga, and focus on breathing so you don’t have to do as many repetitions to get results. You can find videos on Youtube. I often do random exercise videos from Youtube.
- I also go running when I am in a safe place to do so. Thus far I am a casual runner.
- As I travel if the opportunity arises I bike, kayak, or swim. Just walking everywhere and carrying my heavy backpack helps me keep in shape, I also hike often. Sometimes I run bleachers, I also do squats and lunges.
- Occasionally I go to a gym with a friend, or get a two week trial in a place that I am visiting. If so I do 20 minutes on the treadmill, elliptical, and bike.
I highly recommend seeing
the documentaries Food Matters and Food Inc.
and researching nutrition on your own.
So there you have it! Questions? Leave in the comments below!
Disclaimer: Consult your doctor before beginning any diet or exercise program.